Use the artillery you have

We’re continuously being told by those who know about these things that there’s no point in questioning the way in which our Industry is administered because “…this is the way things are…” and “…some things take as long as they have to take…”.
I can’t accept that - and recent events have proved those concepts to be flawed.
Use our MPs.
That’s what you voted them in for - and that’s what you pay them for.
Iain Stewart (MP for Milton Keynes) asked Ofcom to reconsider an Application from MKFM - who were then awarded a CR Licence, launched in M arch 2014 and are doing very nicely.
Ed Vaizey (MP for Didcot and Wantage and at the time SoS for the DCMS) queried an assertion that there were no frequencies available for Southend which resulted in a meeting following which a frequency was found, FunkySX applied and was granted a Licence and launched in March 2016.
Kevin Foster (MP for Torbay) put forward a Private Members Bill to promote the develoipment of Local DAB which was taken on to the Statute Book in April 2017
Amanda Milling (MP for Cannock Chase) asked Ofcom to reconsider its decision not to accept
new non-geographic licence applications, resulting in a Consutation following which applications were invited and her constituency group Cannock Chase Radio applied, was awarded a licence and will launch early in 2018
They all succeded because they didn’t accept that it couldn’t be done.
Can I respectfully suggest that there is a lesson here for us all?

See the Press Release put out yesterday (Wednesday 13 December) by Amanda Milling, MP for Cannock Chase with reference to the above posting:

PRESS RELEASE FROM AMANDA MILLING MP

portcullis

MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT FOR CANNOCK CHASE

Publish: Immediate
Date: 13th December 2017

Amanda Milling MP congratulates Cannock Chase Radio on FM licence success.

Amanda Milling, Member of Parliament for Cannock Chase, congratulates Cannock Chase Radio on FM licence success.

Amanda Milling recently met with Rob and Jane Hughes to celebrate the news that they have finally been granted a Community Radio Licence which will see Cannock Chase Radio broadcasting on FM next year.

Amanda Milling MP said: “I am absolutely delighted that Cannock Chase Radio has secured an FM licence. Their success is testament to their tireless work and dedication to our local community. They already have a really big presence in the community and I am so pleased that this has finally been recognised by Ofcom. A huge well done must go to Rob and Jane Hughes and all of the team at Cannock Chase Radio.”

The recent news that the local community radio station has been awarded this licence by Ofcom comes after a hard fought campaign by Cannock Chase Radio, which has seen the Cannock Chase MP raise the issues with the licensing process during debates in the House of Commons.

The Cannock Chase MP added: “The team from Cannock Chase Radio did not give up and their tenacity has paid off. When I was first elected as an MP in 2015 they highlighted the issues with the licensing application process, which meant it could be years and years before they could apply for a licence. Several questions and meetings later and a debate in Parliament, Ofcom finally reviewed their application process. This saw a new round of applications be opened up and the chance for Cannock Chase Radio finally apply and, more importantly, succeed in securing an FM licence. This licence means that Cannock Chase Radio will continue to go from strength to strength as they will be able to broadcast to a wider audience and reach new listeners over the radio waves. I look forward to tuning into Cannock Chase Radio FM once they are on air next year.”

• Ends - - -

For more information please contact Amanda Milling MP on amanda.milling.mp@parliament.uk or call 01543 877142.

Attached is a picture of Amanda Milling with Rob and Jane Hughes from Cannock Chase Radio.
amanda congrats
Amanda Milling MP
Member of Parliament for Cannock Chase

11a Market Street, Hednesford, Cannock, WS12 1AY.
Tel: 01543 877142