Radio: The impact of inclusion and training - podcast

As reported in Community Media News #16 the new inRadio podcast is out. Radio: The impact of inclusion and training. A bumper edition of my travels through the media industry with particular attention to the positive influence of grass-roots media and radio training.

This month features Vijay Umrao from Leicester’s Eava FM when I visited their studio last December, In May I attended the Stamford St Martin’s broadcast awards and talked with Radio 4’s Edward Stourton, Since Blue Peter was being honoured for 60 years inspiring children I could hardly pass on the opportunity of talking with Diane-Louise Jordan and Janet Ellis. When we think of the positive effect of training on individuals, communities and society we profile Somer Valley FM’s METS training programme as it marks the end of its first year with over-delivery on the projected outcomes.

Next month I am going to do a community radio Scotland special.

I’m always happy to visit organisations so do let me know if you would like the inRadio podcast to drop by or at least have me and my mic visit! All feedback and ideas welcome for future editions of the programme. You can now contact me direct at Radio Today

dom.chambers@radiotoday.co.uk

The programme is planning a special audience recording at The Community Media Conference in Sheffield on Saturday 15 September. That will be guest hosted by Spark FM’s Adam Wood and more details to follow. We will also be at the Community Radio: Now & Next conference in Bridgwater on Saturday 20 October.

Meanwhile enjoy the the programme and do send in your feedback. Here’s the link https://audioboom.com/posts/6949664-radio-the-impact-of-inclusion-and-training-featuring-vijay-umrao-edward-stourton-diane-louise-jordan-and-janet-ellis

Many thanks,

Dom

1 Like