Radio TechCon is back PLUS introducing the Radio Technology Masterclass
Technology and audio fans should get their diaries out because Radio TechCon is back!
The UK radio and audio industry’s technical and engineering event will take place on Monday, 25th November 2019 at IET London: Savoy Place.
“We’re delighted to be back at the IET and looking forward to presenting a great day of talks, debate and networking for the broadcast engineering community,” says organiser, Ann Charles.
“The team is currently working hard to build a range of speakers, but if people have got ideas for sessions and topics we should cover, they should e-mail email@example.com she added.
Radio TechCon is proud to be supported by Broadcast Bionics. Other sponsors include: Arqiva, the IET, RCS, Preco and Calrec.
Radio Technology Masterclass
Also launching today is Radio TechCon’s Radio Technology Masterclass.
This event is aimed at newcomers to broadcast engineering and those looking to learn more about career options involving radio, technology and engineering.
“We are really excited to be running the Radio Technology Masterclass,” says Aradhna Tayal, from TBC Media Ltd. “The industry has really pulled together and we have sessions being run by experts from the BBC, Bauer, Global, Arqiva and Ofcom to name a few!”
The Radio Technology Masterclass features a mix of talks on the theory of broadcasting - covering how to build and kit out a radio studio, internal signal distribution, transmission and internet broadcasting and coding - combined with practical, hands-on activities.
The event takes place on Friday, 12th July 2019 at IET London: Savoy Place.
Tickets are heavily subsidised for individuals, thanks to sponsors Broadcast Bionics and the IET Multimedia Communications Network. The team has even thrown in lunch, 8 hours of IET-certified CPD credits and a goodie bag full of info on how and where to find more training and jobs.
“Broadcast engineering is the most exciting part of the radio industry - not that we’re biased!” says Aradhna. “The only problem is, radio technology lacks diversity. We want to introduce this part of broadcasting to as many people as possible, and the Radio Technology Masterclass is a way to do that,” she added.
Tickets are available from
and cost £20 + VAT for individuals or £180 + VAT for companies with more than five staff.
Full details can be found at radiotechcon.com
Notes to Editors:
• TBC Media Ltd is run by Ann Charles and Aradhna Tayal. It exists to support the UK radio and audio industry by running events to support the technical community, most notably Radio TechCon.
• The TechCon conference has been run by different groups during its history. Previously it was organised as part of the UK Radio Festival, under The Radio Academy. Since 2016 it has been run independently by TBC Media Ltd.
• Radio TechCon is aimed at people with a hands-on interest of technology in radio and audio. All are welcome, from engineers to producers and those working in related industries.
• Radio TechCon’s Radio Technology Masterclass is a day which introduces beginners to broadcast engineering with a radio focus. It’s aimed at people volunteering in technical roles in student and community radio, producers who are interested in technology, and those who are working or studying in related disciplines such as IT or Electrical Engineering who want to know about the range of career opportunities in broadcast.
• Broadcast Bionics is a global leader in software development, consultancy, support and hardware distribution to the broadcast and installation markets. Broadcast Bionics aim is to produce “smart” IT solutions which utilise the most advanced technology to provide solutions which are simple, powerful and intuitive to use.
For more information on Radio TechCon, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann Charles on 07814 264495 or Aradhna Tayal on 07793 490804.