Ofcom has published its proposed 2020/21 Plan of Work for consultation, outlining its priorities for the next financial year.
Ofcom seeks to make sure that people and businesses in the UK get the best from their communications services. Their proposed plan highlights their major work areas for the financial year 2020/21, based on the following strategic priorities:
- Better broadband and mobile – wherever you are: we will support ongoing investment in faster broadband and better mobile coverage across the country.
- Fairness for customers : we will ensure broadband, phone and TV customers, particularly vulnerable people, are treated fairly.
- Supporting UK broadcasting : we will support the UK’s vibrant broadcasting sectors, including public service broadcasting, to deliver continued benefits to all UK audiences.
- Ensuring online communications work for people and businesses : we will work with Government on new and emerging policies protecting people from harmful content online, and more generally ensure communications services online work for consumers.
- Enabling strong, secure networks : continuing to collaborate with industry to ensure the UK’s networks are secure, resilient and protected against cyber-attacks and outages.
Anyone with an interest in Ofcom’s work is encouraged to respond to the consultation by 25 February 2020. The full plan is set for release in March 2020.