Ofcom has awarded another round of small-scale DAB radio multiplex licences for five more areas in England, Scotland and Wales.
Following a competitive process, where each applicant was judged against specific criteria, multiplex licences have been awarded for the following areas:
- Cardiff: licence awarded to Cardiff DAB Limited
- Edinburgh: licence awarded to Edinburgh DAB Limited
- King’s Lynn: licence awarded to North Norfolk Digital Limited
- Leeds: licence awarded to Leeds Digital Media Limited
- Norwich: licence awarded to Future Digital Norfolk Limited
Further licence awards for the remaining 11 areas that were advertised in Round One will be announced over the coming weeks.
Round Two licence areas, for the North West of England and North East Wales, will be advertised on 1 June 2021.
Small-scale DAB is an innovative technology that provides a low-cost way for local commercial, community and specialist music services to take to the digital airwaves.