Nova Radio North East granted 5 year licence extension

Community radio station Nova Radio North East has had its licence extended until 2027. The radio station became the first full-time community radio station of its kind in the Newcastle & Gateshead area when it launched on Friday 8th June 2007 as NE1fm and was rebranded to Nova Radio North East in June 2020.

Since the station’s launch, it has given the opportunity to hundreds of local members of the community to hit the airwaves and be a presenter.

It has also worked with local community groups and broadcast live from hundreds of community events and even broadcasts from pubs and clubs in and around the North East.

Station manager Neil Kipling said

"As the radio station manager, I am delighted to be given the opportunity to broadcast for another 5 years making local radio for Newcastle & Gateshead. Later on this year we hope to launch on small scale DAB Digital Radio in North/South Tyneside and soon after that Newcastle/Gateshead.

“We still face a lot of challenges post-covid both with fundraising and continuing to expand our programming. Our expanded management team Jorge Heron, Stuart Sydenham, Vicki Steele, Stephen Ferrell & Damien Stone have assisted greatly with this. The biggest thanks go to our strong 60+ volunteer base who make up the backbone of our output across the northeast.”

Programmer Dean Wears said:

“Having been part of the radio station when it launched as NE1fm, it’s amazing that the radio station has been given another 5-year licence extension and with the way commercial radio is going, this is a great opportunity to provide the people of Newcastle and Gateshead with a local radio station.”

Nova Radio North East broadcasts on 102.5fm, online at novaradio.co.uk, via the app on the app store, and on smart speaker.

Hearty Congratulations are in order here! - If ever you need a hand with any Commercial Production, I’m your man. A One voice commercial written, produced and delivered for just £70+VAT. Once I’ve produced Five for you, you’ll get the Sixth one (One voice)…Absolutely free (continually)
All the best, keep up the good work, Alex - alex@absmedia.co.uk 01484 532677