Follow the Stars - a wonderful festive soundtrack free to use from 11-31 December

Follow the Stars in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support is a wonderfully, Christmassy concert that we would love to share with as many people as possible.

Follow the Stars - A Celebration of Christmas’ is now in its 24th year, and would usually take place in Christ Church Cathedral Oxford but due to Covid-19 this year the concert will be virtual. Our team of volunteers have been working tirelessly since March (it’s been a steep learning curve) and with the help of amazing celebrities from the world of music and theatre, we have a created a really fabulous, funny, festive concert.

While watching the rough draft it occurred to us that it would be perfect as a soundtrack for radio. The programme is free to view/listen to but we do hope those who are able to will make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support through JustGiving/ Follow the Stars or a text to donate number (Macmillan Cancer Support are still working on this). Click here to see the trailer which will give you an idea of the wonderful people involved and what to expect.

There is a poster, press release, and permission document (13.2 KB) which needs to be signed so we can send stations the programme. Follow the Stars will be available from 11 December at 8pm until 31 December. The soundtrack will be between 55 and 60 minutes. If people are interested please can they email belindahanson@aol.com.

I hope this is something that might be of interest and although I realise it is short notice I hope that by sharing the word with community radio stations as many people as possible will hear the wonderful readings and beautiful festive music.

Please let me know if you need any more information. Follow the Stars is something for people to look forward to and enjoy!

Kind regards

Belinda Hanson
Follow the Stars - Celebration of Christmas Committee
Email: belindahanson@aol.com

© Follow the Stars logo, Korky Paul