Community Media Association Annual General Meeting & Networking event, Saturday 2nd December, De Montfort University, Leicester

The Community Media Association Annual General Meeting and Networking event will be held on Saturday 2nd December at Mill Studios, Mill Lane, Leicester LE2 7HU. Mill Studios is Number 24 on the PDF map here.

Car parking is available at the Newarke Street Car Park, Newarke Street, Leicester LE1 5SN. A map from the car park to Mill Studios is here. Mill Studios are 15 minutes walk from Leicester Train Station - map here.

Free to attend. Booking required - book here.

The agenda for the day will be as follows:

1:00pm - 2:00pm - Welcome, lunch, and networking
2:00pm - 3:30pm - AGM
3:30pm - 5:00pm Consultation and networking

Could you be the next member of the CMA council? Consider joining us if you have a passion for community media, believe in its power to improve society, and want to be part of making this happen for the UK.

We’d really like to encourage those who do not necessarily see themselves as typical board members but have the energy and enthusiasm we need. The CMA Council meets at least four times a year, and travel expenses are always covered. This helps keep democratic engagement open to those on low incomes.

Three Council members will be standing for re-election and there will be a further three posts open for election. If you would like to stand as a Council member, please email us a short written statement telling other CMA members a bit about yourself and what you would bring to the CMA Council by 23:59 18th November. You will need to ask for two CMA members to support your nomination.

If you are considering getting involved and would like to find out more or talk it over, please contact Lucinda Guy directly at chair@commedia.org.uk.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the day. This event is for CMA members - if you need to renew your CMA membership then please email membership@commedia.org.uk. All enquiries and items to be tabled in advance by 17th November to agm@commedia.org.uk or 0114 279 5219.

Free to attend. Booking required - book here.

Looking forward to seeing lots of CMA members at the AGM next weekend.
It’s great to see so many nominations for the council this year.

2 Likes

Access at DMU should be pretty good, the rooms we are using are on the ground floor and induction loops are built in to the lecture theatres. If anyone has any specific requirements, or questions please let me know and i’ll do my best to help with any issues.

Rob

1 Like

Separating the AGM from the Community Media Conference was a really good move. I’m looking forward to heading to Leicester where we held the 2014 AGM and conference. That was the last time the CMA had an election for council. It is tremendous that interest is on the rise once more. Looking forward to.meeting old friends and making new ones.

Hi Everyone,
Thanks to those who came out in the cold for our AGM in Leicester. As usual it was lovely to get together, and Bill and Terry’s festive quiz was the icing on the cake.
We are really pleased to welcome Richard Hilton and Dom Chambers back on to the CMA council after a break, and Sana Tariq who is new to the team.
We are grateful to De Montfort University for providing the space for this event.
See you all soon!
Lucinda

2 Likes

It was a good event Lucinda - thank you - but could I please ask for details of how many CR stations were represented on Saturday - how many valid voting papers were received - and how many votes were cast for each candidate?
Thanks